Title: The ABC’s of LGBTQ+: Connecting with our LGBTQ+ Clients.
Date: February 21, 2018
Target Audience: Professionals working with LGBTQ+ clients
Number of Hours: 4 (1pm-5pm)
Presenter: Beck Gee-Cohen, MA, LADC
Workshop Description: This half-day workshop will combine lecture, experiential, and collaborative work surrounding the need to address understanding and sensitivity to LGBTQ+ communities. It will shed the umbrella of LGBTQ+ in order to look at specific traumas of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer communities as individual subcultures. Starting with an overview and refreshment of terminology, the course will create a path of understanding and exploring deeper understanding of the LGBTQ+ communities. Participants will engage in dialogue, experiential work, and collaborative efforts in order to best address specific struggles for their LGBTQ+ clients.
- Obtain and refresh information surrounding LGBTQ terminology
- Explore and understand implications within each specific LGBTQ sub culture.
- Creating culturally specific therapeutic interventions in treating the LGBTQ+ community.
- Identifying common therapy missteps and how to repair the client relationship.
- Understanding the LGBTQ specific intersections of trauma with health, spirituality, mental health and maladaptive coping skills.
Click here for REGISTRATION INFORMATION